Looking for a Product Designer
Do you want to work for a company that has innovation coursing through its veins? And work with inspiring colleagues that use the best technologies and methods to achieve their clients’ innovation goals? Where you are allowed to experiment and are encouraged to be yourself? Then INFO is the place for you!
At our office in Amsterdam we’re looking for a:
Who we are
INFO helps clients such as Justeattakeaway.com, VanMoof, OV-fiets and Growy to translate their business challenge into digital products and services with impact. We have been doing this since 1994. Together with our team, we devise, design and develop sustainable solutions that prepare our customers for the future. Helping organizations to innovate and create meaningful products that make a positive contribution to our daily lives is what we love most.
What you will do
As a product designer at INFO you are part of an agile development team with which you develop innovative digital products and services for our clients.
Your work starts during the exploration phase of a project; outlining user flows, creating prototypes and performing various user studies. Together with a Service designer and the customer, you draw up the product vision and monitor it during development. You start with the creation of a suitable digital style that enhances the user experience and supports the brand feeling. During the development process you will work closely with the Front-end developer to combine the best technical possibilities with your innovative ideas. It is your role to keep placing yourself in the shoes of the end user to be able to design a flawless and valuable experience. You take the product owner along during this process and convincingly present solutions for various usability challenges without losing sight of the client’s interests.
What we expect from you
- You design intuitive digital solutions based on user needs, business objectives and technical possibilities;
- You initiate and conduct user surveys; from designing prototypes to clear processing of feedback data;
- You regularly facilitate brainstorming sessions, storymapping sessions and other creative workshops;
- You use visualizations such as customer journey maps to create context and provide an overview within your project;
- You have excellent advisory skills and can include the customer and the team in your design process. In addition, you support the product owner in drawing up user stories;
- You are critical and will never stop asking ‘Why?’;
- You can capture a brand feeling in a new digital style and implement this style consistently in your designs. You pay attention to important details such as micro-interactions;
- You know everything about web applications, responsive design and design systems;
- You immerse yourself in new developments within your field and the market of our clients. You use this knowledge to experiment, inspire customers and improve products;
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to facilitate teammates and provide constructive feedback.
We love curiosity and a new perspective in our teams, so we welcome people from different educational and professional backgrounds. However, the ideal person for this role has the following to offer;
- Several years of work experience as a product designer/UX designer, preferably at an agency;
- Experience with conducting user research and processing the research results;
- A strong portfolio demonstrating both UX and visual design skills for a variety of clients;
- Experience with Sketch or Figma;
- Knowledge of tools such as Miro, InVision and Zeplin is an advantage;
- You have experience with Agile and Scrum;
- Basic knowledge of Front-End development;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- The drive to always design and optimize the best user experiences.
A place in an ambitious and close-knit team where you can independently fulfill your varied position. You will be given plenty of space to implement your ideas and to experiment with new methods and techniques. We offer a competitive salary with good secondary employment conditions, including 30 vacation days, a non-contributory pension and flexible working hours.
We are located in a beautiful building a stone’s throw from the lively Nieuwmarkt and a 10-minute walk from Central Station. Here you will find nice colleagues and famous quiz and drinks evenings. You can play a game of pool or table tennis, but also relax in our quiet city garden. In addition to working at the office, we ensure you will be able to work comfortably from home.
Can’t wait to get started with us after reading this vacancy? Please send your CV, together with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Anja Molenaar of Dionne Helmer via +31 (0)20 530 9100.
The application process
After we have received your CV and cover letter, you will receive a response within 2 business days. If we see a match we will schedule a first introductory meeting. The application process consists of two or three stages (and possibly an assignment).
Reimbursement of travel expenses
“Life course premium” at 2.5% gross per month
8% holiday pay & 30 vacation days
Flexible working time