Looking for a Product Designer
Do you want to work for a company that has innovation coursing through its veins? And work with inspiring colleagues that use the best technologies and methods to achieve their clients’ innovation goals? Where you are allowed to experiment and are encouraged to be yourself? Then INFO is the place for you!
At our office in Amsterdam we’re looking for a:
Who we are
In our role as business innovation partner, INFO works for clients such as OV-fiets, Greenwheels, Takeaway.com and Ayden. We help them to define their innovation roadmap (advisory), to develop go-to-market digital products and services (strategy) and with delivering high-quality digital solutions (delivery). We have been so since 1994. Our team consists of about 80 people with 21 nationalities that all share that same strand of innovation-loving DNA.
What you will do
As a Product Designer, you will closely collaborate with teams and clients to help shape and create products that people love to use. Designers at INFO are champions of the overall product vision and can advocate for the business case with both technology and business stakeholders.
You will be an advocate for user-centered responses that balances diverse priorities and leads to intuitive solutions and great design systems. You are enthusiastic and a strong communicator and part of a breed of interdisciplinary product designers, who leverage insights from the business context, user research, visual design and software development to craft meaningful solutions for users and clients.
What we expect from you
- 3 to 5 years of experience bringing inspiring digital products to life (ideally in an agency or consulting environment);
- A drive to extend a brand into a working product, including all the little big details (e.g. tone of voice, micro interactions, typography);
- An ability to zoom in-and-out of business goals and user needs in order to visualize the interactions for that context;
- A visual thinker with the love for sketching and dynamic composition;
- An ability to define and pitch your design rationale to clients. You can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations and conclusions;
- A sharp eye for alignment and consistency in design and the skills to capture this in a design system;
- Experience in conducting user research;
- A yearning to iterate on everything (prototyping) and kill your darlings in order to achieve the best experience for the user;
- Comfortable in translating stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into highly usable on-brand interfaces;
- An opinion on current design trends, best practices, and developments within web, mobile and native experiences (Android and iOS);
- You are fluent in English.
- An HBO or Master’s degree;
- A strong portfolio that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills;
- A clear and strong communication style with the ability to facilitate team mates and provide constructive feedback;
- An understanding of basic Front-End capabilities;
- A strong grasp of tools such as Sketch and Invision;
- Affinity with digital, technology and innovation;
- An understanding of the Agile/Scrum principles;
- An independent work ethos but are a team player as well.
Besides a competitive salary with excellent secondary benefits like 30 paid vacation days, a non-contributory pension and flexible work hours, we offer you an independent and varied job in an ambitious, close team, where you will have the freedom to implement your ideas and to experiment with new methods and technologies.
You can find us in a beautiful building near the lively Nieuwmarkt and at only 10 minutes walking distance from the Central Station. Fun colleagues, Friday (and sometimes Thursday)-afternoon drinks, a cafeteria with an awesome lunch, chilling in our city garden and plenty of room for a game of pool are table tennis.
Can’t wait to get started with us after reading this vacancy? Please send your CV, together with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Anja Molenaar of Dionne Helmer via +31 (0)20 530 9100.
The application process
After we have received your CV and cover letter, you will receive a response within 2 business days. If we see a match we will schedule a first introductory meeting. The application process consists of two or three stages (and possibly an assignment).
Reimbursement of travel expenses
“Life course premium” at 2.5% gross per month
8% holiday pay & 30 vacation days
Flexible working time