Looking for a Node.JS Developer
Do you want to work for a company that has innovation coursing through its veins? And work with inspiring colleagues that use the best technologies and methods to achieve their clients’ innovation goals? Where you are allowed to experiment and are encouraged to be yourself? Then INFO is the place for you!
For our office in Amsterdam, we are looking for a
Backend / Node.JS Developer
Who we are
As a business innovation partner, INFO works for clients such as OV-fiets, Greenwheels, Voetbal International and Ayden. We help them to define their innovation roadmap (Advisory), to develop go-to-market digital products and services (Strategy) and we deliver high-quality digital solutions (Delivery). We have been doing so since 1994. Our team consists of about 80 people with 21 nationalities that all share that same strand of innovation-loving DNA.
What you will do
We’re looking for an experienced Node.js engineer with a strong focus on creating user centric web applications and platforms. We will challenge you to push boundaries, experiment, and raise the bar of how we work to create better products and services. We fully embrace agile development, our self-organizing, multidisciplinary teams are tailored to our client’s situation and enable them to experiment quickly. We work together with our clients to continuously improve products and services based on actionable insights from their users. You will be part of a motivated team that closely supports each other and receive a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
We are intrinsically motivated by design, technology and our clients’ business. A great user experience is at the core of a great product. All these factors need to work together to contribute to this. Products that are truly lovable and successful do not only look good but perform great across devices and connections. We believe that having a deep understanding of the underlying technology is essential in creating these products.
What we expect from you
- You are proud of your work;
- You are eager to share your greatest development feats so far and love to share the knowledge you gained by it;
- You are able to communicate effectively with our clients and non-technical audience;
- You collaborate with other disciplines to reach your team goals;
- You guide and provide good feedback to other engineers;
- Have had experience with agile practices like test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring and pair programming.
- At least two years of hands-on experience with agile development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP) and actually, like working that way.
- ES2020 and Node.js ecosystem;
- Scope and Closures;
- Managing sync and async operations;
- Event systems;
- Buffers and Streams;
- Module system.
- Node.js Event loop;
- RESTful services and GraphQL;
- Web servers and security basics;
- Package and dependency management.
- Debugging Node.js;
- Error handling and coding defensively;
- Basic performance analysis;
- Automated QA and testing using a plethora of tools;
- CI/CD and acknowledge the benefit of infrastructure-as-code;
Extra kudos if you have worked with:
- WHATWG DOM & HTML scripting APIs;
- React and component-based CSS through pre-/post-processing or CSS-in-JS;
- SSG and SSR web applications;
- Cloud providers like AWS and/or Azure.
Besides a competitive salary with excellent secondary benefits like 30 paid vacation days, a non-contributory pension and flexible work hours, we offer you an independent and varied job in an ambitious, close team, where you will have the freedom to implement your ideas and to experiment with new methods and technologies.
You can find us in a beautiful building near the lively Nieuwmarkt and at only 10 minutes walking distance from the Central Station. Fun colleagues, Friday (and sometimes Thursday)-afternoon drinks, a cafeteria with an awesome lunch, chilling in our city garden and plenty of room for a game of pool are table tennis.
Can’t wait to get started with us after reading this vacancy? Please send your CV, together with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Anja Molenaar of Dionne Helmer via +31 (0)20 530 9100.
The application process
After we have received your CV and cover letter, you will receive a response within 2 business days. If we see a match we will schedule a first introductory meeting. The application process consists of two or three stages (and possibly an assignment).
Reimbursement of travel expenses
“Life course premium” at 2.5% gross per month
8% holiday pay & 30 vacation days
Flexible working time