Looking for a DevOps Engineer
INFO develops solutions for complex digital issues. And simplifies them into innovative, user-friendly online experiences. To achieve this, we prefer to work for progressive companies that are actively looking to take the next step in their digital transformation.
Would you like to work for a company that has innovation flowing through its veins? And work with inspiring colleagues who use the best technologies every day to achieve their customers’ innovation goals? Where you can experiment and where you can be yourself? Then INFO is the place for you!
For our team in the heart of Amsterdam we are looking for a:
Who we are
As a business innovation partner INFO helps customers such as OV-fiets, Greenwheels, Takeaway and Adyen to define their innovation vision and roadmap (advisory), develop go-to-market digital products and services (strategy) and deliver high-quality digital solutions (delivery). We have been doing this since 1994. Our team now consists of approximately 80 people with 21 nationalities who all share the same love for innovation in their DNA.
The position of DevOps engineer
Delivery and management of online environments is a specialism. As a DevOps engineer you are part of one of our scrum teams. Together with your team you build project(s) and ci/cd-tools; from roadmap, sprints and tracks to production date and the operational phase. You monitor the safety and robustness of the product. Together with fellow DevOps engineers, you will take care of all our business-critical online environments, so that they remain secure and stable and accessible 24x7h. INFO focuses on the delivery and management of online applications with high availability requirements within and outside office hours.
In addition to its own (virtual) infrastructure, INFO mainly works for customers in AWS and Azure. Security measures for access to company assets and information are set up according to the highest standards. Operations and management have been ISO27001 certified for several years. We closely follow developments regarding security vulnerabilities in (online) services and take measures to prevent abuse of online environments.
The result: security and flexibility, fast and adequate action in case of failures, minimizing downtime, a predictable result, transparent working methods, good cooperation with third parties and application teams, stability, optimal performance and impressed customers.That is why we have been working together with several clients for years.
What will you be doing?
As a DevOps engineer, you will be part of a scrum team . Accompanied by a scrum master, you will work in sprints with developers, designers and the customer on online services and applications that become increasingly useful and valuable for the client and (end)users.
Like DevOps engineers, you too will automate build- and deploy pipelines and more (mainly cloud) services, manage and monitor scalable DTAP environments, aimed at an optimal availability of services and achieving agreed services. You will handle sprint-stories, changes and incidents, give technical advice and support to customers and colleagues within your scrum team and in the team of DevOps engineers.
For customers with a 24×7 service, you participate in a stand-by arrangement and you are available for (emergency) solutions one or several days a week for emergencies outside office hours. Of course, there is an interesting compensation in return.
Who we are looking for
For our existing team of DevOps engineers we are looking for an enthusiastic, curious and creative colleague with a passion for solid internet applications.
- You have extensive and proven experience and are skilled in automation of online applications and systems.
- You have broad professional knowledge of IETF standards, protocols, online security. Programming experience is required. You master bash and/or Powershell plus at least one of these languages: Java(Script), Kotlin, Perl/PHP, Python and Go.
- You can easily read and write file formats like Yaml, JSON, XML and HTML/CSS.
- You have experience using development technologies such as Git, Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab, JIRA/TFS/CodeCommit, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
- You have knowledge of cloud platforms and techniques such as AWS/Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon, Puppet/Foreman.
- In addition, you have knowledge of widely used application and web services such as Node.JS, Apache/Nginx, Springboot, ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ, Prometheus/Grafana, ElasticSearch/Kibana, etc.
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting systems such as Prometheus, CloudWatch and Zabbix.
- You will take a leading role in providing a stable infrastructure and application framework for end users and the development team.
- You bear responsibility for your results and are an approachable person for your colleagues and customers.
- Your education level is HBA+ or BSc+.
In addition to a competitive salary with good fringe benefits, including 30 vacations, a non-contributory pension and flexible working hours, we offer you an independent and varied position in a driven and close-knit team. Here you can fully indulge in technology, get a high degree of responsibility and autonomy and plenty of opportunities to think along and develop yourself further.
We are located in a beautiful building just a stone’s throw from the lively Nieuwmarkt and a 10-minute walk from Central Station. Nice colleagues, in normal, NON-PANDEMIC times, we have Thursday- and/or Friday-afternoon drinks, a canteen with a dream lunch, a break in our city garden and enough spare time for a game of pool or table tennis.
Come and join our team
Can’t wait to join us after reading this vacancy? Send your CV with a short motivation to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Anja Molenaar or Dionne Helmer on +31 (0)20 530 9100.
Reimbursement of travel expenses
“Life course premium” at 2.5% gross per month
8% holiday pay & 30 vacation days
Flexible working time